– 18.29 meters long, this model features solid cold-molded construction
– Planing hull form and two 725hp in-line engines ensure comfortable long distance cruising
– Ample interior volumes for a three twin cabins and two bathrooms layout
– World debut at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2017 – Yacht position Lime Zone AB 616
Vicem Yachts is proud to announce the world premiere of the new V58 Classic “2018 Edition” at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2017 (1-5 November). The Vicem 58 Classic is without a doubt one of the Turkish shipyard’s most successful models. Presented in 2010 for the first time, the V58 is back in a new “Edition” – also with a flybridge version – that maintains however some of the characteristics that have made her a best seller: solid construction, incredible interior volumes that feature different levels and a hull form that guarantees long distance cruising in complete safety.
THE COLD MOLDED METHOD
The building technique used to create the V58 Classic is the cold molded process. A millenary, unique construction technique which embodies all the construction methods of the Turkish historical marine tradition; a modern procedure different from traditional boat building. Based on engineered wood construction, cold-molding uses laminated mahogany (coming from managed forests) and a specific formulated epoxy resin to create the hull, decks and principal superstructures.
The marriage of engineered wood with formulated resins yields a hull that is much lighter, much stronger and more durable than a traditionally built boat. There are two basic reasons for this:
1) Wood is a very strong material. However, this strength is unidirectional, meaning you can easily bend the wood in one direction but it would break if you try to bend it in the other direction. Binding together several layers of wood at 90 degree angles makes the hull much stronger in resisting the complex set of forces that effect vessels in a seaway.
2) Preventing the hull from absorbing more moisture than ideal is crucial in a wooden boat. Many woods are two or even three times stronger when dry than they are when saturated with moisture. The cold molding system aims to keep the wood dry. The epoxy soaks deep into the wood, sealing it off from moisture and oxygen. Keeping the water out means no swelling, and no rotting. The glued joints are firmly bonded for long periods of time. Through this method, the hull skin is built upon a wood frame in four directional layers of African or South American Mahogany composite planking. Every piece of wood in the Vicem Yachts hull structure is coated with epoxy formulated for cold-molded construction.
TIMELESS CLASSIC ELEGANCE
With an overall length of 18.29 meters and a beam of 5.08 meters, the V58 Classic is designed by the in-house Vicem Yacht Design Team with a cockpit and lounge that appear directly connected thanks to the presence of a large sliding full height window and door that completely disappears when opened: a solution that noticeably increases the perception of available space. The cockpit features an L-shaped settee that runs parallel to the transom, leaving room for a comfortable passageway to the bathing platform. Two further settees complete the exterior layout, together with a mobile kitchen to starboard, next to the companionway leading belowdecks. Engine room and lazarette access is from a hatch on cockpit sole.
Vicem designers define interior with one word: “cozy”. From salon to master stateroom you can feel the home atmosphere and comfort. Furniture style is a combination of Vicem’s elegant classic furniture design with a little modern touch.
The salon, illuminated by the spacious windows that surround it on three sides and by the glass door that separates it from the cockpit, features a classic layout with two facing settees running fore and aft, an entertainment system with 40” wide TV and with a raised helm position equipped with the latest navigational instrumentation and a large bench seat that permits excellent visibility both while at sea and when docking.
Side deck door allows access to the side deck and gives advantage while docking. A central stairwell leads directly to the galley, fully equipped for lengthy cruising (refrigerator, freezer and ice-maker, four burner electric cooktop, microwave oven) and complete with above average storage space. Below the stairs there is even space for a washing machine.
THREE CABIN LAYOUT
The Vicem 58 Classic layout foresees a three cabin solution that takes full advantage of the hull shape with it’s maximum beam forward. The full beam owner’s cabin is at the bow and includes not only a classic queen size bed but also two settees to the left and right, entertainment system and also has it’s own washroom and bathroom with separate shower. Hull windows on sides give extra daylight.
A second bathroom is for the two other cabins and it can also be used as a day head from companionway. Guest cabin has two single beds, large storage areas and entertainment system. Single beds can be combined with a portable piece and turn into a double bed.
Bunk cabin is very far away from common bunk cabin perception. It is luminous and has enough space for two people’s accommodation. Bunk cabin also includes an entertainment system. All cabins, heads, galley and salon have air conditioning.
The propulsion system chosen by the yard – twin Volvo Penta D8 725hp engines with in-line transmissions – gives the V58 Classic a top speed of 29 knots and an excellent cruising speed of 25 knots. The optional bow-thruster lets the owner easily maneuver even in tight spaces and crowded marinas.
ABOUT VICEM YACHTS
For more than 25 years Vicem Yachts is world renowned for using traditional construction styles in mahogany, and has successfully delivered over 150 yachts. Mahogany is a renewable resource, reducing our carbon footprint. Every employ- ee at Vicem is a qualified carpenter, designer or engineer who goes that extra mile to ensure the highest quality in their workmanship. All the wood on a Vicem hull, keel, chine, sheer, frames, and beams is coated with epoxy resin which serves as a moisture barrier. The exterior of the hull and interior of the entire bilge and engine room area are also coated with a layer of E-glass cloth and epoxy resin, finished with epoxy fairing compounds, epoxy primers, and poly-urethane paint.
VICEM Yacht Headquarters 2700 SW 25th Terr, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33312 – USA