North Cyprus destination is recognised again as one of the world’s best marinas in The Yacht Harbour Association’s Marina of the Year Awards
For the second time, Karpaz Gate Marina in North Cyprus has been named among the world’s most popular Gold Anchor-accredited marinas with recognition in the prestigious The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) Marina of the Year Awards 2018/19.
Decided by the votes of berth holders and boat owners, the full-service 300-berth marina on the island’s stunning Karpaz peninsula was selected as Runner-Up in the International Marina of the Year category.
The award reflects the high level of customer satisfaction achieved by 5 Gold Anchor-rated Karpaz Gate Marina during the past year due to the exceptional standard of its facilities and services, and the exclusive experience created by the unique North Cyprus location.
TYHA Marina of the Year Awards 2018/19 was open to all Gold Anchor accredited marinas both in the UK and overseas, with customers invited to select their favourite marina within five different categories.
The honour arrives at the start of an exciting year for Karpaz Gate Marina, with construction just underway on a boutique hotel and spa overlooking the marina, set to open by spring 2020.
Liza Singer, Karpaz Gate Marina Managing Director, said: “To receive recognition again in the Marina of the Year Awards is a huge accolade for Karpaz Gate Marina because it proves we are maintaining the highest standards for our customers. The pleasure and satisfaction of our clients are the most rewarding aspects of running the marina, so we are honoured and thankful that our berth holders have provided such positive feedback. The award is the result of the hard work and dedication of the marina team who every day go above and beyond their duty to make sure the needs of all our customers are met and exceeded. Since our previous award win in 2017, we have continued to work on strengthening the services we offer, making sure all our facilities are first class, with particular emphasis on enhancements to our Technical Centre.
“We are especially pleased to gain this support now as we embark on the next stage of expansion with the development of the Karpaz Gate Marina luxury boutique hotel and spa, to open by spring 2020. Over the past eight years, our aim has always been to deliver outstanding leisure and technical facilities and services, while introducing this piece of heaven on earth to more sailors and boaters. We hope that this new award will encourage more sailors and tourists from all over the world to come and experience Karpaz Gate Marina and North Cyprus for themselves.”
Representatives from Karpaz Gate Marina will receive their award at a special presentation ceremony at British Marine’s 2019 Marina Conference in Bournemouth on April 24th.
Winner of the International Marina of the Year for 2017, Karpaz Gate Marina has held 5 Gold Anchors, one of the highest accolades for service and operational standards available in the industry, since 2013.
Harbour Master Bahadir Gökçetekin added: “It has been another outstanding year for Karpaz Gate Marina so this award voted by our clients is great motivation for the whole team to continue working hard. From the feedback I hear from our guests, I am confident that we now offer the full package, ranging from premier berthing services, safety and security for all sizes of yacht, to five-star leisure facilities and a stunning location. I am particularly proud to lead our Technical Centre team that can now meet demand for almost any request, from maintenance work, to hull painting, carpentry work and teak replacement.”
Official Port of Entry Karpaz Gate Marina caters for yachts up to 60m, with leisure facilities including the exceptional Karpaz Gate Marina Beach Club, with 33m infinity pool and watersports centre, Private Gallery Club, gym, children’s play area and Hemingway’s Resto-Bar.The full-service offering is completed by the Karpaz Gate Marina Technical Centre, which continues to expand.
Berthing packages for 2019 include extra flexibility for long-term berth-holders, free haul-out and anti-fouling deals and contract discounts for motor yachts to cover any fuel costs incurred during the trip to North Cyprus.
TYHA, a group association within British Marine, launched the Marina of the Year Awards in 2014 to recognise the best of almost 160 Gold Anchor-accredited marinas across the world and help nominated marinas provide a better service for their customers.
To discuss the best individually-tailored berthing package at Karpaz Gate Marina, please telephone the marina office on +90 0533 833 7878 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2019 Price List and further information is available on the website at www.karpazbay.com.
About Karpaz Gate Marina
Our Vision: Karpaz Gate Marina’s vision is to introduce the less travelled areas of the Eastern Mediterranean to the yachting sector, to lead the development of this region to create a widely recognised and attractive yachting tourism destination, and to establish the marina as the leading homeport in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Location: the northern shore of the Karpaz Peninsula in North Cyprus, 20nm west of Cape Andreas and 48nm east of Girne (N35 33.5’ E34 13.6’)
- Awards: Karpaz Gate Marina was named The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) 2018/19 International Marina of the Year Runner-up and the 2017 International Marina of the Year Winner; TYHA’s top rating of 5 Gold Anchors was received in July 2013; ICOMIA Clean Marina standard achieved in July 2013
- Berths: 300 accommodating up to 60m vessels, including 15 berths for superyachts
- Berth services: power and fresh water available for every berth; TV connection; high speed Wi-Fi to all areas of the marina
- Security: 24/7 CCTV and security personnel throughout the marina as well as access control and access cards for each marina area
- Boat Yard: 18,000 square metres of dry storage area, with modern and fully-equipped workshops and a 300-ton travel lift accommodating yachts with a beam up to 10m. Services include: yacht painting, carpentry, hull repairs, anti-fouling (including Coppercoat application), polishing and varnishing, teak work, engine and reduction gear servicing, rudder system servicing, navigation equipment servicing, electrical works
- Fuel: Euro diesel and gasoline available
- Duty Free status: includes duty-free prices on fuel, technical services and supplies, as well as berthing fees
- Leisure facilities: include Hemingway’s Resto-Bar; Beach Club, with 33m Infinity pool, watersports centre, private beach, children’s pool and play area, restaurant and bar; Cinema / Art Gallery; Mephisto Diving Centre; fitness centre/gym
- Cruising locations: there are miles of sandy beaches, coves and bays along the north east coast of Northern Cyprus, with Famagusta (67nm) and Girne (48nm) a short sail away. The nearby southern Turkish coastline includes the harbours of Alanya, Antalya, Marmaris and Bodrum. In just under 300 nautical miles it is possible to reach Rhodes, gateway to the Greek Islands
- On-site activities: include private Gallery Club, music and movie nights, BBQs
- Shore services: on-site mini-market, chandlery, laundry room, international currency ATM
- Marina office services: include online weather updates; concierge and VIP service; airport collection service to/from nearest airports of Larnaca and Ercan
- Freshwater: produced on site
- Pollution controls: waste water collection and treatment plant; solid waste collection stations; bilge water collection service; waste engine oil collection stations; independent desalination plant on site
- Port of Entry: marina office provides full assistance with clearance procedures
- Group membership: ICOMIA Marinas Group (IMG); ‘Destinations’, a network of exclusive marinas established by ART Marine Marinas
- Harbour Master: Bahadir Gökçetekin
- Contact: Marina Office on VHF Channel 10 ‘Karpaz Gate Marina’. The marina also listens on Channel 16
- 2019 offers*: include a free haul out, hull wash and anti-fouling application with 21 days hard standing for annual berth holders; VIP care package; ‘Freezing Option’ to suspend annual contract; Flexible package to berth in water or dry dock; Stay 1 week, pay for 5 days; Fuel costs incentives
*Terms and Conditions apply